The Commission deals with the study of the ionosphere in order to provide the broad understanding necessary to support space and ground-based radio systems. Specifically, the Commission addresses the following areas:
- Global morphology and modelling of the ionosphere;
- Ionospheric space-time variations and the impacts of space weather on systems;
- Development of tools and networks needed to measure ionospheric properties and trends;
- Theory and practice of radio propagation in and through the ionosphere;
- Application of ionospheric information to radio systems.
To achieve these objectives, the Commission co-operates with other URSI Commissions, corresponding bodies of the ISC family (IUGG, IAU, COSPAR, SCOSTEP, SCAR, etc.) and other organisations (ITU, IEEE, etc.).
Dr. Giorgiana de Franceschi (Italy)
Dr. Keith Groves (U.S.A.)
Dr. Sean Elvidge (U.K.)
Contact all people who have indicated their interest in this Commission through the Commission Mailing List (moderated mailing list)